About CICC International Trade Department
The Department of trade’s mission is to create the conditions for economic growth and opportunity for all communities. Through its bureaus, the Department works to drive global economic competitiveness, strengthen domestic industry, and spur the growth of quality jobs in all communities across the world. The Department serves as the voice of business in every under-developing countries, and at the same time, the Department touches human needs and ready to serve every one, every day.
The Department fosters the innovation and invention that underpin the international trade comparative advantage. Its scientists research emerging technologies such as quantum computing and artificial intelligence (AI). Companies to conduct research and development (R&D).
Innovation, equity, and resilience. These three concepts drive our work at the U.S. Department of Commerce, and they’re crucial to our overarching goal of improving America’s competitiveness in the global economy.
The Department has one overarching goal: Improve America’s Economic Competitiveness. Each of the Department’s five strategic goals advances our mission and supports this goal:
- Drive Global Innovation and Global Competitiveness
- Foster Inclusive Capitalism and Equitable Economic Growth
- Address the Climate Crisis Through Mitigation, Adaptation, and Resilience Efforts
- Expand Opportunity and Discovery Through Data
- Provide 21st Century Service with 21st Century Capabilities